The HGST Systems Engineer plays a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the adoption of HGST solutions and surpassing our revenue goals. The SE works very closely with sales and extended teams to build long-term business relationships and aligning with customers’ outcomes. The SE is a high impact, very visible role responsible for ensuring pervasive Enterprise adoption of HGST solutions, and providing technical validation within assigned accounts.
•To utilize technical expertise when providing product, technical engineering content and customer focus to both existing and potential customers within the Datacentre Solutions market segment, as well as the Media and Entertainment, Oil and Gas and Life Science Verticals including:
o Presentation of products, both current and future, from an engineering perspective, to provide technical product details to technical directors of both current and prospective Enterprise accounts. This presentation will include a detailed analysis of HGST product’s and platforms, as well as software feature sets.
o Presentation of products and solutions, both current & future, from a technical sales perspective to Enterprise leads and prospects including IT departments of and prospective Enterprise Channel (VAR) an end-user account. This presentation may include, to a detailed sales presentation of HGST Enterprise product’s platforms, services and software, as well as system feature sets.
o To bring new accounts to leverage our Enterprise product portfolio, as well as maintaining or growing share with existing accounts.
• To lead the launch & introduction, including training, of new HGST products to the EMEA region. This will include the HGST End-user Sales & Enterprise Channel (VAR) team, local HGST ISV’s, as well as targeted direct & indirect accounts. These presentations will range in technical degree, depending on the audience.
• To lead in the ongoing training of HGST products, product features, and feature benefits to the Local EMEA region. This will include assisting HGST End-user Sales team, local HGST Channel (VAR) partners, as well as targeted major accounts. These presentations will range in technical degree, depending on the audience.
• To work with the local partners to develop joint sales strategies to service & support the EMEA customer base, including major accounts, midsized accounts as well as the smaller dealer base.
• To support HGST Systems engineering management with detailed reports concerning either prospects, or Proof of Concept’s.
• Represent HGST at vertical trade shows, including possible technical or sales presentations.
• Continuously develop and expand the knowledge of the customer business/mission and take the initiative in creating solutions that address customer business/mission needs using the HGST portfolio along with third-party solutions
• Take the initiative to develop business cases and justifications required to get internal and external stakeholder support to drive business forward
• Present HGST value proposition, vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to partners and various customer roles including executives, technical management, and technical engineers
• Create and present demos that are aligned to customer’s needs
• Build proposed high-level architecture drawings for customers
• Develop and document innovative solutions that are unique to the market segment supported
• Manage the planning and execution of customer POCs
• Work with customers to obtain technical validation of proposed solution
• Assist with financial and infrastructure data collection and creation of customer ROI/TCO reports
• Pro-actively maintain expertise of HGST and general IT infrastructure technologies via enablement and internal training offerings
• Maintain technical and business knowledge of cloud computing applications, industry direction, and trends
• Maintain working knowledge of competitive offerings and architectures
• Work closely with field team to help define and implement a solution oriented go-to-market strategy for each customer to ensure technical adoption of HGST solutions
• Maintain, grow, and leverage relationships with colleagues in the field organizations as well as OEM and partner relationships
• Participate in demand generating events and activities
• Drive the adoption of HGST solutions within strategic accounts moving current installations from departmental to enterprise
• Communicate information internally on trends, product feedback, customer success, etc.
• Provide consistent field reporting, and data input via Salesforce.com
• Act as a thought leader and mentor to others in the organization
Experience and Skills
- Degree in computing or IT preferred
- Minimum 5 years IT , in the storage hardware, software or computing experience. Preferably the candidate will have a computer studies background with a solid track record in either: systems engineering or Enterprise storage vendor.
- Pre-sales or customer facing experience
- Experience in the Fortune 500 market
- Effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Strong customer and partner facing relationship building skills
- Strong listening and question based consultative selling skills
- Ability to effectively present to small and large audiences and adjust to level of role and understanding
- Ability to uncover business challenges and objectives and develop a documented custom solution to solve those challenges
- A balanced infrastructure and software background.
- Ability to travel – typically 50% or more of the time
- BA/BS preferred or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience with large scale IT Integration or Consolidation programs preferred; e.g., experience in solution integration in a pre-sale (or post-sales) capacity through calling third-party APIs, preferably with object storage technology
- Ability to develop and effectively communicate business cases and justifications to internal and external stakeholders as required to drive business forward