We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
This position is within the Product Engineering and Test Engineering (PETE) organization at Western Digital, focusing on new NAND flash technology and future memory products development and volume production.
We are looking for a candidate who has strong technical skills, is innovative, and likes to solve problems in advanced semiconductor memory business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be actively involved in Defining and developing strategies, methodologies to bring leading edge 3D NAND Flash memory to market by meeting stringent DPPM, reliability and yield requirements
- Work closely with Design team, Fab process, Device team, reliability team and product and test Engineering team during all phases of 3D NAND technology development.
- Design and conduct WLR experiments, develop and implement test screens based on WLR results to speed up yield ramp, improve DPPM and meet requirement for all products during various product life cycles.
- Perform Failure Analysis, define root causes of yield loss, and drive for improvements in the test flow.
- PhD or MS Degree in Electrical Engineering, material science, or related discipline with 5+ years of experience is required.
- Good verbal communication and data presentation skills are required.
- This position requires good understanding of NAND design, reliability, test and device operation. SSD System knowledge and NAND fab process background are plus.
- The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment. The individual must be self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have also demonstrated ability to work well with people and have a proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law