We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Seeking a passionate, product-focused Principal Linux Software Engineer who thrives on delivering exceptional results
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Playing a central role in delivering network storage products and services for the Client solutions group
Strong understanding of how these Open Source packages operate within Linux, Linux kernel internals, RAID, TCP/IP etc are crucial for these positions.
- Developing new features from conception through release while ensuring that Western Digital customers continue to have an exceptional experience.
- Designing solutions for high performance & fault-tolerant network storage products
- Participating in the design, development, testing and deployment of high performance, high quality, secure and fault-tolerant software running on network storage devices
- Working in a highly cross-functional capacity, partnering with product management, QA, support, and service delivery professionals.
- 10+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent OR 7+ years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree
- Strong experience with design and development of mission critical, ultra-high-performance Linux-based storage systems.
- Proven ability to make solid, independent technical decisions for high performance, low resource server software.
- Core knowledge in Linux Kernel and Linux-based OSes like Debian
- Strong experience in architecting products with Linux & Open Source Software Integration. Strong emphasis on loosely coupled & component-driven architecture.
- Expertise in RAID - software RAID (MD/BTRFS/ZFS) & file-systems like EXT4, BTRFS, NTFS, HFS.
- Expertise with arm & x86 hardware architectures and designing embedded systems with HDDs and SSDs.
- Experience in Docker framework internals & Linux Containers
- Expertise in understanding protocols like SMB, AFP, NFS, iSCSI, HTTP, USB, Thunderbolt, TCP, UDP
- Designing Analytics as part of development
- Excellent Linux diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Cloud experience is a plus
- Agile software development using SCRUM or Kanban is a plus
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.