Manager 4, Commodity
Req ID: JR-0000040977
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Chemical & Gases Commodity Manager, supporting Global Commodity Manager, is responsible for the negotiations on all contracts focused to support local commodity and supplier management, supply assurance, local market assessment, drivers and trends, support Material Planner(s) as needed.
Participates in cross functional team activities with NPI, engineering, business, planning, legal, finance, EH&S and inventory management and quality.
Research and prepare Commodity Briefs and Source Plans.
Develop and maintain a program of evaluation for the supplier base which includes certification requirements.
The position involves developing negotiation strategies, advising requestors on contract terms and conditions, monitoring cost and scope of assigned contracts to assure compliance, best value and validate/improve pricing.
The Chemical Commodity Manager may recommend cost saving proposals including alternative sourcing and will exercise independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Can work with various business stakeholders’ groups to identify and qualify new or existing capable suppliers, initiate requests for proposals/quotations (RFPs/RFQs), advise requestors with respect to contract terms and conditions
- Can conduct RFP and lead cross functional teams through the selection process of preferred suppliers with effective scoring criteria to critically evaluate supplier proposals in accordance with company policies
- Can lead/support negotiations on General Procurement agreements, including, but not limited to, Master Agreements, Statements of Work, Change Orders balancing business deliverables, legal interests and pricing
- Can conduct analysis on proposals for services & products in support of various Fab & Research and Development functions
- Can analyze total costs, assist business functions with ROI analysis, price and rate benchmarking and negotiate favorable business terms to leverage Western Digital purchasing power
- Can provide global contract expertise for sourcing of chemicals, gases for various business units
- Can evaluate single sourcing requests and ensure competitiveness
- B.S. / B.A with 8-10 years of related experience in
capital/Direct/Indirect Materials procurement. Engineering degree preferred but
not a must
- Fast moving, dynamic environment with excellent
communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
- People management skills and experience in making
cross-functional operational decisions are required
and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.