We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Key member of SOC validation team with responsibility for comprehensive validation of internally designed SoC’s used for high volume Hard Disk Drive (HDD) and Solid-State Drive (SSD) data storage products. Functional areas of focus may include Disk RW, Channel RW, Data-Path, Security, Control Logic, and Power.
- Develop, implement and debug embedded C firmware to be used for operation and validation of internally designed SoCs
- Generate and implement test cases targeting hardware block level functionality and system use cases
- Test implementation to include both pre-silicon (FPGA, Palladium) and post silicon (ASIC Validation Board) platforms.
This position reports into the SoC Validation Organization with the goal of reducing risk of SoC re-spin for fast track to high volume manufacturing of data storage products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain embedded C firmware that operates and tests the SoC hardware
- Run the firmware on all SoC Validation platforms: FPGA, Palladium, ASIC Validation Board
- Documentation of Validation Plans and Results
- Cross-functional interactions with SoC Design, Applications Engineering and Drive Firmware teams.
- Provide reference firmware and application notes to internal product development teams when needed.
- BS degree with 2+ or MS degree with 0+ related experience
- Experienced with embedded C firmware and limited amount of assembly code.
- Hands-on role must be comfortable with hardware, software, and lab test equipment.
- Must operate in multi-site environment to coordinate and satisfy goals which have broad business impacts (some travel is required)
- Good writing and communication skills for application notes, validation plans, status updates and presentations
- Develop, debug, and maintain validation firmware for multiple functional hardware blocks that exist in the SoC within a multi-processor ARM/ARC core architecture.
- Experience in or ability to learn drive data path technologies, test software, test equipment and embedded firmware.
- Validate correct operation of ASIC hardware features through embedded self-test firmware.
- Support SoC bring-up, implementation, and usage of data storage products.
- Able to be effective in a role with dynamic schedules and clearly definable individual and team goals.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Embedded C/C++ is required
- ARM & ARC processor cores and tools
- Version control, makefiles, and PERL scripting for tools and test automation
- Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio
- Must be comfortable with both Unix and PC environments
- Usage of JTAG microprocessor emulators and scripts
- Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers and Arbitrary Waveform Generators used for HDD and SSD data path and power analysis
- Test equipment script writing for oscilloscopes, Arbitrary Waveform Generators (AWG), and bus analyzers.
- Storage data path technologies
- Understanding of Verilog RTL a plus but not a requirement
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.