Close interaction with the process and probe teams to monitor wafer level test data. Close collaboration with the backend testing group for timely and accurate feedback on experiments. Interface with NPI, R&D and manufacturing teams to finalize & optimize production read head configurations through design of experiments. Communicate with the program team to ensure on-time delivery and volume production ramp. Work with the modeling engineers in the design group to explore design trade offs between performance and reliability to enable more robust designs. Come up with innovative new design ideas to enable future technologies in the magnetic storage industry
Qualification and Requirements:
- PhD or MS+ 4 yrs. of experience in EE, Physics, Materials or related field.
- 2+ yrs. of experience in magnetics or read head design preferred.
- Team oriented with ability to interface with technical experts in a matrix environment.
- Knowledge in wafer process and magnetism/recording physics is a plus.
- Proficient in analysis of large data sets; ability to automate analysis through scripts is a must.
- Good communication and technical presentation skills are a must have.
- Goal oriented with strong leadership in project management.
- Strong awareness of project timelines.