Location: Bangalore India
Req ID: JR-0000041259
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
We are looking for an energetic and creative individual focused on NAND memory based storage systems, serving the removable storage markets. Join us and be part of the team to define and to shape the future of memory systems!
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
o Developing system specifications and memory requirements
o Perform NAND flash storage based systems design, analysis, integration and verification from product definition and planning through production and release
o Responsible for NAND flash system level behavior characterizations
o Participates in cross functional meetings such as with memory, firmware and product line teams to develop flash storage products
o Provides feedbacks on new system features for next generation memory developments
o Mentoring junior engineers in the team
• Bachelor/Masters degree from Electrical/Electronics/Computer science preferred with 4-6 years of experience in firmware development/Memory design/system engineering
• Experience inmemory characterization
• Knowledge of programming in high level languages (e.g. C, C++, Python) is a plus.
• Knowledge of Semiconductor physics and Computer Architecture is a plus
• Knowledge of storage interfaces such as SATA and PCIe is a plus
• Experience in SSD reliability and testing is a plus
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Strong team player who can collaborate with colleagues
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.