We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our People Analytics team. Are you up for the challenge?
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver data insights and recommendations that inform workforce strategy and measure ROI on proposed and implemented HR programs and workforce strategies. Plan, develop and analyze workforce analytics surveys
- Consult with HR team and business to identify specific requirements and outcomes
- Research, develop and analyze employee surveys including employee sentiment for unstructured text using NLP methods
- Determine and specify details of survey projects, including sources of information, procedures to be used, and the design of survey instruments and materials.
- Analyze and interpret the meaning of survey data, determine survey objectives, or suggest or test question wording. Design questionnaires, de-bias existing surveys, improve response rates
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative employee data
- Prepare and present data visualizations to key stakeholders - summaries and analyses of survey data, including dashboards, tables, graphs, and fact sheets that describe survey techniques and insights
- Analyze data from surveys, old records, or case studies, using statistical software
- Create, maintain, and ensure data quality of key human resources data sets, reports, and metrics. Cleanse existing data sets
- Support process improvement and root cause analysis efforts to diagnose and predict workforce contributions
- Network with other company and external business analytics functions to ensure best practices are shared and synergies gained
- 3+year experience
- Proficient with R, Python
- Working knowledge of NLP and related software
- Proficient in statistical modeling, data science, data structure and storage, data cleansing skills
- Excellent data visualization skills
- Behavioral science or I/O psych background a plus
- Web application development a plus
- Experience communicating with executives, leadership and key stakeholders
- Experience on cross-functional teams
- Energetic - enjoys work, finds satisfaction in bringing value everyday
- Principled - high level of integrity and able to maintain confidentiality
- Customer focused - orientation toward providing excellent business partner service, design solutions with business needs in mind
- Intellectually curious - looks for information and insights beyond the obvious, brings forward insights business partners have not thought to ask for yet
- Employs good business judgement - identifies the right business problems, applies business judgment to data
- Solution oriented - pro-actively deliver results that make a difference for the organization, seeks opportunities to develop and implement programs and projects successfully
- Technology savvy - strong desire and level of comfort working with technology, proficient with Workday, Tableau, OBIEE, Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical analysis tools, understands vendor and cloud technology, and navigates possibilities and limitations
- Analytical - strong quantitative and qualitative skills, able to analyze, correlate and synthesize complex data to seek business solutions
- Networked - able to build relationships and partnerships internal and external to the organization, able to work with all levels of the organization
- Flexible - ready to work under tight deadlines, willing meet the business partners' changing needs and able to manage multiple priorities, requests, deadlines, and projects
- Detail oriented - able to pay attention to detail and produce thorough, accurate work
- Educated - masters preferred, experience in data analysis, modeling and presentation design, possesses business, HR and operations acumen
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.