We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Position focusing on identification, development, education, and implementation of strategic initiatives for increased efficiency and effectiveness of the development and mass production of enterprise solid state drives. Identify initiatives based on data analysis and management and employee input. Lead or serve on cross-functional teams to develop and implement new processes and tools, including adoption of the Scaled Agile Framework®.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and resolve strategic issues both within and across functions
- Educate and implement a product development process based on the Scaled Agile Framework®
- Develop processes and identify tools for a variety of development and sustaining activities
- Lead and serve on ad hoc cross-functional teams
- Communicate effectively from the engineering level up to the senior executive level
- BS or greater Engineering degree required
- 12+ years in an engineering product development environment
- Experienced in Agile Development and the Scaled Agile Framework®
- A highly disciplined approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently and as a team member or leader across multiple projects in a results-driven environment
- In-depth knowledge of product development and mass production throughout the product life cycle
- Data analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in storage devices or related industry is a benefit
- Ability to travel (~15%)
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law