We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Lead a cross-functional team that develops enterprise solid state drives (SSD). Apply a systematic and analytical engineering approach during the product life cycle from the product definition phase through customer qualifications and transfer into mass production. Lead cross functional efforts in identifying and resolving design validation and qualification issues. Ensure that the product meets its key metrics for reliability, schedule, cost, and feature set.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall product development responsibility to hit product metrics such as time to market, product cost, development expense, and required feature set and reliability.
- Cross functional leadership in identifying and resolving issues
- Coordinate HW and/or FW issue identification, failure analysis, and resolution at both individual drive and population levels
- Lead the product development team from product development kickoff, through the product development process and customer qualifications, and transfer into mass production
- Analyze test process and field data for drive design improvements
- Analyze design and manufacturing test process changes via engineering validation testing
- BS or greater Engineering degree required
- 7+ years in an engineering product development environment
- 7+ years of experience in hardware and/or firmware design, validation, or failure analysis for microprocessor based products
- A highly disciplined approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently and as a team member or leader across multiple projects in a results-driven environment
- In-depth knowledge of product development throughout the product life cycle
- Data analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in storage devices or related industry is a benefit
- Experience with SAS interface protocols is a benefit
- Ability to travel (~15%)
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.