We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
This Project Manager position will reside within the Business Transformation Operations and Execution (BTOE) group. This role will drive enterprise projects and be the primary program management arm for the Transformation Management Office. This individual will be required to coordinate and lead cross-functional project teams throughout the Company. To be successful in this role, the BTOE Project Manager must be able to build close partnerships and work collaboratively with various cross-functional organizations, teams and individuals. The role will interact with all levels of project team members, subject matter experts, management and leadership throughout the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directs and leads the delivery of highly complex cross-functional projects, which includes leadership of multiple dependent projects across multiple functional areas and technology platforms
- Responsible for project oversight, including planning, directing, and managing cross-functional team members
- Develops program-level vision, strategy, approach, and implementation plans required to achieve necessary business outcomes
- Facilitates the creation of business cases, program road-maps, and program governance structures to support leadership. Ensures the integrated scope, schedule, budget, and quality of multiple project teams
- Identifies, tracks and manages project/program level risks and issues. Serves as escalation point to resolve project/program issues, remove roadblocks, formulate contingency plans and communicate status to programs executive leadership team. Ensures the sequencing of projects is appropriate at the program level
- Functions as central point of project/program communication and status for project/program team members, stakeholders, management and executives. Communications are professional, timely, and clear and present the correct level of information based on audience
- Partner closely with internal business sponsors and other personnel to define objectives, scope, budget, resource needs, and success criteria associated with proposed and approved projects
- Build relationships and collaborates cross-functionally to lead project delivery teams towards successful project outcomes
- Utilize Western Digital’s System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Project Management Methodology to manage the development, customization, configuration, testing, and implementation of projects
- Manage project deliverables and milestones within approved timelines and budget
- Manage and coordinate day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of approved projects
- Adhere to governance processes. Provide monthly project status and financial updates for approved projects
- Directs the application of various technical disciplines such as process improvement, data analysis, architectural review, quality assurance and facilitation. Provides objective advice, expertise and leadership support to program team members with the aim of creating value, driving program work, and delivering to business expectations
- BS/BA preferred or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience, with at least 8 years of hands-on Project Management experience
- Experience with M&A/integration related projects is a plus
- Experience with Waterfall/Agile/Scrum methodologies/processes
- Must possess strong documentation skills and can work with rapid change and fast pace
- Proven ability to influence and/or lead high performing/geographically dispersed teams
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills to manage complex process and technology issues
- Ability to effectively manage stakeholder expectations
- Knowledge of, and effective use of different influencing styles
- Ability and work with and align different stakeholder groups towards consensus
- Experience with Organizational Change Management techniques and methodologies as part of the overall project delivery methodology
- Excellent desktop software skills – MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio, etc
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is highly desired
- MBA a plus
- Job location is in San Jose, CA
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.