Senior Network Engineer - Cisco CCIE
Location: Seberang Perai Selatan, Penang
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Minimum 8 - 10 years experience working with Cisco technologies and Data Center Networks Design, Set up and/or operations
- Ability to execute in a methodical manner to gather, document, and present specific requirements as well as articulate technical solutions
- Exceptional documentation skills that can clearly articulate technical designs, issues and constraints, procedures, and network assessments
- Strong analytical and problem determination/resolution skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills regarding technical and non-technical concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish professional working relationships with varying levels of both business and technical personnel
- Self-directed to complete tasks in both a professional and timely manner with minimal supervision
- Travel as necessary to work with the global team to plan and deploy new technologies – up to 20%
- Candidates must be willing to be on call (in rotation with other team members) including night and weekends to support customer environments after hours. Night and weekend work will occur
- Expert understanding of network design practices from small office to large campus
- Expert understanding of cloud services and efficient optimization on a global network
- Comprehension of networking concepts including network design principles, data flow determination, routing, switching, VLANs, IP addressing, spanning-tree, etc.
- Solid understanding of network utility services including TFTP, FTP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SMTP, SYSLOG, etc.
- Familiarity with network scanning/analysis procedures and toolsets for network readiness assessments
- Understanding of advanced networking technologies and solutions including MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, OSPF, multicast, policy-based routing, ether-channel, QoS, traffic-shaping, load balancing, VPNs, WAN Optimization, etc.
- Understanding of advanced data center networking technologies and solutions including Nexus 7000 series data center switches, catalyst 6500 series switches, Netscaler load balancers, Nexus 9300s, ACI, ASR WAN routers, collocation facility integration, DR integration, etc.
- Demonstrated performance in a large-scale enterprise technical work environment with minimum of 8 - 10 years of direct industry experience as described above
- Experience working in an operations and architecture environment while providing tier III services. Must be willing to mentor tier II personnel.
- Experience in generating principal level best practices and standards for the global network
- Palo Alto Firewall Experience a plus
- Network Security Experience a plus
- CCIE Certification is preferred
- Cisco certifications or equivalent experience is required
- Bachelors degree or 8 – 10 years equivalent experience
Candidates should have a desire to gain technical skills through advanced certifications (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE) or other similar achievements.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.