We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
- Senior level contacts at target companies
- Experience working with 3rd Party Vendors
- Ability to analyze, assess and recommend entry strategies
- Ability to influence internal teams in support of business development objectives
- Track record of pursuing and closing deals at target account
- Manage contract negotiations
- Drive opportunities from Lead Generation to Contract Execution
- Create a list of target companies via online research, channel partnerships and HGST sales history.
- Identify and lead opportunities to account development.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with similar and /or complementary companies to include teaming and partnership discussions.
- Work with channel partners to create strategic relationships that help with new account creation.
- Participates and attends sales functions/professional association meetings outside of regular business hours, as required.
- Get to the key decision maker(s) to meet and present product roadmap and strategy.
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities and achieve annual new business revenue and GP targets.
- Is responsible for setting up the opportunity so that it can be efficiently managed and administered by the company’s operations and business personnel.
- Be flexible with the supply chain complexity of the customer.
- Map the account’s key decision makers, technology needs, supply chain requirements.
- Manage the customer supply chain including: allocation, pricing, rebates, inventory, forecast, logistics, RMA, multi and single sourcing.
- Manage the product lifecycle: product roadmap, product launch, EOL, qualification, AVL, failure analysis and technical support.
- Manage the relationship with the account: executive engagement, strategic planning, QBRs, entertainment.
- Is available, responsive and timely to customer inquiries, request for information and/or quotations, problem resolution, etc. Provides frequent and regular follow+up contact with clients regarding after sale services and information, including client satisfaction.
- Acts as customer advocate for HGST internal departments.+ Drive customer revenue and GP to the goals of the company.
- 10 years
- New Customer Acquisition
- Account Management
- Storage System and Components Experience
- End Customers
- SaaS, STaaS, IaaS, Webscale, Hyperscale, Web2.0/3.0, Media, Gaming
- Solutions Providers – ODM, OEM, S/I, Distribution, eCommerce, VARs, Consultants, ISPs, MSP, Cloud Service providers
- Open Source Providers – OCP, CEPH, Hadoop, SDN, Big Data, Software Defined
- Technology – Virtualization, Networking, Storage, Compute, Infrastructure, Enterprise SoftwareEducation
- Bachelors/Masters/MBA Degree in Engineering or CS
- Interpersonal and People Skills
- Relationship Building Skills
- Persuasive and Negotiation Skills
- Communications Skills (Written and verbal)
- Self Starter
- Leadership Skills
- Analytical and Strategy Skills
- Work Ethic and Drive to learn
- Multi Tasking
- Problem Solving Skills
- Well Organized and Detail Oriented
- High Energy
- Very Personable
- High Ethics
- Professional Integrity
- Team Player
- Outside the Box Thinker
- Trustworthy and Honest
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law