- BE degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 8 years of overall experience in IT.
- At least 4 years of experience as Senior Systems Administrator supporting Vmware vSphere in a large multiple site enterprise environment.
- Design, implement and operate Vmware, vROPS, vRA and NSX.
- In depth experience with supporting Microsoft Server OS, Active Directory and/or Redhat/Centos Linux OS.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in team.
- Experience working as a team leader within a process/project-oriented organization.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
- Understand current and future business requirements and ongoing IT issues to ensure business success.
- The ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward.
- Methodical approach to problem solving and resolution.
- One or more Microsoft, Linux, Vmware certifications are preferred.
- Speak fluent English.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance of server systems, their associated operating systems and application software.
- Detect, diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve system problems.
- Conduct performance and capacity monitoring and recommend system improvements and upgrades in virtual server environment.
- Perform audits of servers, services and security and take appropriate or necessary actions.
- Research, evaluate and recommend new technologies, services and standards.
- Implement upgrades, repairs and additions to the Vmware, Microsoft, and Linux system infrastructure.
- Administer Microsoft, Linux accounts, permissions and access rights.
- Maintain and develop systems documentation using online collaboration tools.
- Perform assignments across disciplines and areas of expertise.
- Provide imaginative and practical solutions to the wide range of difficult problems.
- Coordinate with global teams to standardize systems operations.
- Effectively communicate in English, both orally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels in an organization.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence and emails in English.
- Provides status primarily in writing, verbally and graphically as required.
- Effectively use online collaboration tools and ticketing system
Level of Supervision
- Work under only very general direction and independently determine and develop the best approach to priorities.
- Meet assigned task schedules and participate in overall quality review of own and others work.
- Lead peers with positive attitude of accomplishment.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.