This is an experienced position in a Servo firmware development team to develop real-time firmware supporting the Servo functionality of Western Digital's Enterprise hard disk drive products. The work will be primarily focused in developing both C/C++ firmware and assembly language code for Western Digital's custom DSP assist processor. Candidate will be expected to own significant code development efforts and will participate in firmware design, implementation, bench-level testing, failure analysis and documentation. Candidate will also be expected to work in an agile development process.
- MS/BSEE, MS/BSCE or MS/BSCS with 5+ years of experience in developing real-time embedded firmware
- Software development background in C/C++ with demonstrable experience in real-time environments
- Experience in developing assembly language code is a plus
- Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience in structured code development and debug is required
- Knowledge of and experience in using typical lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and firmware development/debug tools is required.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a multi-site agile development team
- Experience in agile software development teams is a plus