We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
WDC is looking for a dynamic, Sr. Financial Analyst to join our Finance Operations team.
This Sr. FA will collaborate with WDC’s HDD operational leadership teams to develop capital strategies and drive analytics to enable business decision making. The position will involve delivering important capital investment insights to senior finance leaders and executive operations management across various departments/functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create financial models and perform analysis for business leaders and finance management
- Analyze financial results, trends, performance metrics, and provide variance/root cause analysis to support management investment decisions
- Provide assistance in the daily operational accounting activities of legal entities and sites
- Perform standard, accurate, timely month-end reporting across multiple functions and entities
- Performs and critiques economic evaluation justifications for capital expenditures
- Develop the methodology which quantifies the return on investment, ROI, as well as provide information and field questions for all matters relating to ROI calculation
- Collaborate and consolidate with operation functions to deliver monthly, quarterly, annual capital review meeting
Strategic Planning and Analytics
- Align functional goals and strategies to broader global initiatives
- Become a trusted business partner to Capital coordinators/decision makers
- Financial Management
- Interpret and present key findings to operational leadership
- Enable management by providing timely, accurate information
- Understand business drivers and recommend measures to further improve results
- Establish efficient processes for quarterly and monthly performance reporting
- Project Management
- Spearhead ad hoc projects to further improve overall performance of the team and organization(s)
- Decision support to senior finance leadership on investment / project decisions
- Provide thoughtful leadership and guidance over core processes building efficiencies and streamlining deliverable for optimal results
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proactive, strategic thinker
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Superior problem solving skills with ability to communicate effectively with executive management
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Ability to work effectively with other functional areas and understand the operational and cultural issues relevant to achieving superior results
- Client focused with tenacity to resolve issues and conflicts
- High energy and enthusiasm required to partner with multiple stakeholders
- Develop and present strategic insights about the business
- Become a trusted business partner to all operational leaders
Additional Specific Knowledge/Skills
- Expert understanding of budget, planning and expenditure controls. Strong technology orientation in order to communicate with technically oriented customer base. Superior interpersonal skills to interact with extremely diverse customer base. Strong modeling skills to evaluate and manage plans and forecasts. Excellent presentation skills with ability to present to highest level management.
- Strong skills in MS Excel (modeling ability), MS PowerPoint, MS Word and Outlook. Confident and clear communication skills (in verbal and written forms) with senior management. Present and discuss financial information in a way that gains understanding and persuades others.
- Task/Time Management: Must be able to set priorities according to the needs of the business and meet commitments. Must be able to adapt priorities and goals to changing conditions. Must be able to handle stress with socially appropriate behavior and work productively under pressure
- Communications: Must be able to write, speak and understand English proficiently. Must be able to write grammatically correct, well-organized, concise correspondence, reports and other documents. Must communicate well verbally, one-on-one, or in small or large groups, and be able to give presentations to small or large groups. Must be able to represent company in a professional business manner
- Decision Making: Able to apply laws, regulations and ethics to business decisions and actions. Able to make decisions in the best interests of the company. Makes decisions in timely manner and based upon good data and sound reasoning
- Analytical Skills: Able to perform/understand complex financial analysis involving multiple data sources and complex equations
- Mathematical Skills: Able to set-up and solve complex mathematical equations
- Computer Skills: Able to efficiently create, send and receive business documents using internet, email, word processing software, spreadsheet software and graphics software
- Problem Solving: Able to devise strategies to satisfy circumstances complicated by multiple factors and projections
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.