We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Western Digital Corporation (NASDAQ: WDC) is a Fortune 500 company and an industry-leading developer and manufacturer of storage solutions that enable people to create, leverage, experience and preserve data. The company addresses ever-changing market needs by providing a full portfolio of compelling, high-quality storage solutions with effective technology deployment, high efficiency, flexibility and speed. Our products are marketed under the HGST, WD® and SanDisk brands to OEMs, distributors, resellers, cloud infrastructure providers and consumers. Western Digital Corporation was founded in 1970 and is headquartered in San Jose, California.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with Corp Strategy, BU product management, pricing and cost teams, to develop and audit Business cases, financial models, and scenario analysis from a technology and product investment perspective
- Reviewing and influencing the key assumptions, driving the business case to ensure reasonability, feasibility and credibility
- Developing insightful views and analytics and construct C-level executive portfolio review packages, providing strategic context to identify opportunities and threats
- Reporting corporate investment allocations and return on investment, tracking and analyzing corporate portfolio performance against targets and making recommendations to management based on the business case analyses, able to clearly position ideas and articulate the payoff and risk for each recommendation.
- Providing ad-hoc analysis supporting a variety of strategic initiatives
- Driving continuous improvement and enhancement of portfolio management tool
Key Skill Set:
- Strong quantitative skills to analyze a variety of datasets across both revenue and operational expense with ability to integrate into qualitative analysis. Prior portfolio analysis experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinker with positive energy and proactive business approach
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Self-motivated and self-directed, but with a strong team ethic
- Abilities to work effectively cross-functionally, coordinate priorities and initiatives, troubleshoot and analyze complex problems, and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Ideally with working knowledge in finance supporting storage and semiconductor industry
Educational and Work Experience Requirements:
- BS/BA degree in Finance or Accounting and MBA/CPA/CFA a plus.
- 8+ years related experience with Fortune 500 companies, preferably in high-tech industry
- Experience using a large ERP system. Clarity desirable.
- Excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.