Sr Manager, APAC Investigations
Location: Seberang Perai Selatan, Penang
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sr. Manager, APAC Investigations is a critical member of the team that manages the Company’s Global Ethics Hotline, conducts internal investigations in Asia, and ensures that ethics and compliance concerns raised by employees, suppliers and other third-parties are promptly and thoroughly investigated and appropriately redressed. The Sr. Manager will report to the Associate General Counsel who leads the investigations function globally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Sr. Manager will be responsible for handling matters reported on the Company’s Ethics Hotline, which permits employees and third parties from around the globe to make complaints 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Responsibilities will include assessing the nature and potential severity of the concerns raised, and promptly and thoroughly investigating them. The Sr. Manager will report the results of these investigations to the Associate General Counsel and the Company’s management and advise on appropriate remedial actions, if any. In addition, the Sr. Manager will work closely with the Ethics and Compliance team to analyze investigation trends, prepare periodic reports for Site Leaders and management, advise the Company on emerging risks, and prepare employee communications to foster a culture of speaking up.
Specific duties include:
- Conducting internal investigations in Asia, including collecting and reviewing documents, interviewing witnesses, reaching factual findings, and drafting investigation reports summarizing the work performed and outcome of the investigation
- Maintaining accurate records relating to the Company’s investigations
- Analyzing ethics & compliance data to determine trends and areas of compliance risk and preparing periodic reports for Site Leaders
- Developing employee communications and live training modules to foster a culture where employees can raise concerns without fear of retaliation
- Working cross-functionally to evaluate and recommend changes and solutions to improve policies, procedures, and internal controls
- CFE or law degree with a strong academic record required
- Minimum of 5-6 years of experience with emphasis on internal investigations, white collar litigation, and/or ethics & compliance
- Experience conducting and managing document reviews and electronic discovery, creating and following investigations plans, conducting witness interviews and preparing investigation reports
- Experience investigating financial fraud, procurement improprieties, and employee misconduct is preferable; a background in internal audit or finance is desirable
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and a demonstrated record of cross-functional collaboration and an ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Integrity, professionalism and a keen understanding of the sensitivity and confidentiality of the work is a must
- Professional presence, excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, and experience delivering crisp, clear presentations
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and manage multiple projects simultaneously and focus on critical priorities
- Strong work ethic and ability to produce high quality work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a global environment and sensitivity to and an understanding of cultural differences around the globe
- Excellent English, both oral and written, along with fluency in a second language (Mandarin, Tagalog, or Thai) is required
- Regular and, at times, unpredictable travel, including international travel, is required
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a
leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and
disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations
worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and
enabling great value from the data they possess.