We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Memory Technology Group is at the core of the Legacy SanDisk Engineering Organization which Western Digital owns. We are building a cutting edge 3D memory in our multiple billion dollars Fab. Within Memory Technology our team is responsible for the Operations and production planning aspect of the fab.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a Senior Engineer with strong analytical skills and simulation/coding experience.
The key job responsibilities will include the following:
- Own/Lead development of capacity models and analytical tools to support long term capacity management.
- Work with internal customers to gather requirements, develop and implement simulation experiments. Drive key activities and milestones for the simulation project including presenting analysis and recommendation to the top management.
- Conduct process improvement projects with Japan and U.S. teams with focus on metric reporting and analytics.
The ideal candidate demonstrates a deep passion for excel modeling and simulation , should be adept at working cross functionally, and be capable of converting analysis into crisp, concise and actionable insights.
- MS in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, with some experience with Supply Chain and/or Operations Research
- Analytical thinking, working experience with Excel/Tableau, good communication (oral, written and presentation).
- Experience/proficiency in at least simulation analysis and programming languages e.g . Python, MATLAB, VBA
- The candidate should ideally have 1-2 years’ experience or could be a 'rock star' recent college grad.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.