Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Batu Kawan, Penang
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
- Develop mechanical lid enclosures both plastic injection molded and metal stamped.
- Perform tolerance analysis on various mechanical assemblies and create 2D mechanical drawings.
- Interface with mechanical component suppliers
- Create new shipping packaging (vacuum formed trays, corrugated shipping boxes etc…)
- Work with reliability engineers on the qualification of mechanical components and shipping packaging.
- Sustain legacy products with cost reduction, process improvements and perform troubleshooting of production issues.
- Create product ID label for standard and OEM customers.
- Develop mechanical fixtures for product assembly
- BS engineering/science required plus relevant work experience; MS plus ; or PhD plus relevant work experience Relevant work experience must be in engineering project management role within semiconductor industry. Academic studies must be in applicable field of engineering/science and demonstrate an academic record of excellence
- Demonstrated track record to rapidly analyze and solve complex engineering issues by pursuing a focused solution path with a clear understanding of the point of diminishing returns
- Proficient in statistical analysis towards problem solving and the use of Excel and JMP
- Demonstrated track record to summarize complex data sets for technical and non-technical audiences; elegant in DOE design and execution
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed with demonstrated ability to work well with people; have strong inter-cultural intuition
- Proven success leading technical team(s) in previous work experience
- Demonstrated track record working hands-on around technical equipment and processes (including metrology and semiconductor failure analysis techniques)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Western Digital, HGST, and SanDisk offers a highly competitive compensation package and great benefits. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status