Component DFM Engineer
Location: Batu Kawan, Penang
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
- Defines IC package/SMT/SSD drive DfX (where X = assembly, manufacturing, cost, rework, supplier chain, reliability, etc) requirements, goals, and milestones for all SSD product groups and customer requirements.
- Works closely with SSD assembly and IC packaging processes and internal (SDSM PTD SMT technology development team) and external stakeholders (SDUS, SDKR, SDIL H/W Eng. and SDUS SMT teams) to meet quality, reliability, cost, yield, productivity and manufacturing requirements.
- Performs DfX Valor/Vayo analysis and maintains the integrity of DfX systems/libraries.
- Develops new package and SMT DfX process qualification programs.
- Prepares and/or updates components specifications for piece parts of integrated circuits or semiconductor assemblies for SSD drive development.
- Plans and conducts experiments to fully characterize SSD components throughout pathfinding to development to ramp. Develops solutions to improve quality, reliability, cost, yield, process stability/capability, productivity, and safety utilizing formal education, experience, statistical knowledge, and problem-solving tools.
- Establishes process control systems for DfX systems and components.
- Transfers process to high volume manufacturing and provide support in new factory start-up.
- Acts as a liaison with components suppliers/vendors.
- Maintains product quality while developing and introducing components and DfX systems cost reduction programs.
- BS engineering/science required plus 3 years of relevant work experience; MS plus 1 years; or PhD plus 1 years. Relevant work experience must be in engineering role within semiconductor industry. Academic studies must be in applicable field of engineering/science and demonstrate an academic record of excellence
- Demonstrated track record to rapidly analyze and solve complex engineering issues by pursuing a focused solution path with a clear understanding of the point of diminishing returns
- Proficient in statistical analysis towards problem solving and the use of Excel and JMP
- Demonstrated track record to summarize complex data sets for technical and non-technical audiences; elegant in DOE design and execution
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed with demonstrated ability to work well with people; have strong inter-cultural intuition
- Proven success leading technical team(s) in previous work experience
- Demonstrated track record working hands-on around technical equipment and processes (including metrology and semiconductor failure analysis techniques)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.