We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role requires quickly learning storage related specifications (PCIe/NVMe/SATA), understanding customer requirements and use cases, creating test specifications, writing and executing tests, and debugging failures to root cause. During qual simulation testing, engineers will create testplans optimized for repeated execution. Engineers also need to manage product schedule, working closely with cross-functional engineering teams to enable rapid debug/fix cycles, and making sure they have adequate resources to meet planned execution schedules.Creation of thorough, high-quality test specifications and tests for new NVMe feature sets. Understands the feature sets familiar with the tools, automation, and test environment, and be able to quickly debug failures in their respective domains of expertise. The ideal outcome is having several completed test specs and test codes over a few months with demonstration of domain knowledge. Later during program development, creation of JIRA and ability to quickly settle issues will be the most critical KPI.
Have an intimate understanding of one or more OEM's requriements and qual test practices. Engineer should have a strong relationship with the customer-facing support team for their respective customer(s), be able to produce an extensive but pragmatic testplan, and prepare the appropriate infrastructure to execute their testplan. Further, engineer should have a good understanding of the qual tests and be able to debug failures to root cause. Critical KPI will be ensuring all OEM requirements are closed per Polarion, all tests are understood and deployed in proper quantity, testplan is thoroughly vetted by PDT, and JIRA are quickly turned over.
The last outcome is around attitudes and teamwork. There is some fluidity in our work so the engineer must be flexible, able to handle tight schedules and shifting priorities with finesse. People should still want to work with this person, even during times of high pressure. The ideal engineer will be able to balance personal and work needs, work more if and when it is required, lean on the team when they need to but also provide support to others as needed.
- Responsible for defining and tracking test plans through product development cycles from EVT through customer qualification and MP.
- Monitor regression and qualification test cycles, perform first level FA and triage of failures, prepare and present testing statistics, and work closely with cross-functional engineering teams to drive issues through closure.
- Research and implement innovative ways to test/validate SATA and PCIe SSD’s.
- Lead bug review meetings.
- Act as gatekeeper for product release to customer.
- Maintain communication with technical marketing and applications engineering teams to ensure testplans satisfy product and customer specifications and mirror customer tests/qual procedures.
- Scope test tools and customer hardware requirements, ensuring the lab has appropriate customer systems and debug tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CE, CS, EE, or related technical field with 2+ years of related experience. Masters is preferred, some experience in validation of consumer products or in storage devices are a plus.
- Experience with computer systems, components, and various OS (Windows, Linux, DOS)
- Strong analytical problem solving skills to troubleshoot variety of system-level issues down to system/device HW/SW
- Experience in scripting languages a plus.
- Ability to work efficiently in a group, as an individual, and in a team environment
- Fluent in MS Office, esp. Excel and Word.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.