We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Western Digital is looking for an experienced, innovative and strategic thinker to join our product marketing team. This position requires an individual with a minimum of 5 years of SSD/storage and product marketing experience that includes working closely with distributors, retailers, and value-added resellers (VARs) to drive revenue in major industry segments. Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) experience will be a plus.
Candidate should have a proven track record of delivering high quality product positioning, conducting detailed market analysis, go to market planning, driving market requirements documents, creating product business cases and development of product collateral – all of which is of critical importance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this important role, the responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Product and Sales Support:
- Develop go to market plans for major market segments and work in concert with the sales & product management organization to facilitate market penetration, major account penetration and distribution sales to realize revenue and margin targets.
- Develop sales collateral, training materials, and presentations for customer and industry related activities.
- Act as advisor to the sales and be the key resource in interacting with customers, engineering, product management, and marketing groups within Western Digital Corporation. Propose product introductions/changes, forecast production mix by evaluating market conditions and sales channel inputs.
- Generate business case for new products introduction and present it to the executive team as well as internal funding committee.
- Coordination within organization to ensure product needs are intact and launched on time.
- Drive and improve business processes to provide advanced visibility to custom/derivative product development and delivery schedule.
- Actively participate in the product roadmap process, understand and communicate the impact on customers of scheduled new product, feature and enhancement releases.
- Competitive Analysis & Trends
- Conduct on-going analysis of the competitive landscape including product offering, market segmentation. Inform sales channels of competitive movements.
- Create and publish competitive alerts, briefs, and analysis on competing vendor’s product offerings.
- Travel required (< ), both domestic & international
Education / Skills / Training
- MS degree or equivalent in technical discipline with 7+ years of industry experience and 5+ years in the role of Product Marketing. MBA degree is a plus
- Gaming (PC/Console) Experience.
- Strong Channel Knowledge & Support
- Flash memory industry experience is a major plus
- Industry Knowledge of Market Drivers
- Product and Program Strategy
- Market Plan Creation
- Product Launch
- Must have strong communication & presentation skills including to senior management.
- Metrics. Measurement & Reporting
- Self-motivated & self-directed but at the same time a great team player
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.