Senior Engineer, Failure Analysis Engineering
Location: Batu Kawan,
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform package and device analysis on assembly test defect from production and qualification on semi-finished or finished products.
- Define the FA flow for each FA case.
- Generate FA report and assist process engineer for root-causing of defect/s.
- Maintain the FA tracking sheet and FA equipment logsheet.
- Develop the FA process and FA capability for new product and new technologies.
· Bachelor Degree and/or Master in Electrical/ Electronic/Material Science/Chemistry with minimum 5 years in failure analysis
· Familiar with package and device analysis methodology
· Familiar with semiconductor and SMT assembly process and technology
· Familiar with memory product technology and structure
· Understand memory product test process and methodology
· Skillful in performing failure analysis with FA tools or methodology such as 3D X-ray, CSAM, SEM/EDX, chemical decapsulation, TDR, curve tracer analysis, optical microscopes, FIB
· Strong memory IC de-processing skills
· Good communication and presentation skills
· Good teamwork spirit
· Fluent in English speaking, reading and technical FA report writing
· Previous electrical FA experience in IC or memory devices is preferred
Generic & Functional Skills / competencies
Technical report writing and presentation skills
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a
leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash
and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent
organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching
lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.