WD is one of the biggest companies that drive RISC-V to the ecosystem. One of WD targets is to replace WD cores, with RISC-V cores.
RISC-V is a new IP concept, for development of new CPUs, based on the concept of “open source community” with free ISA.
As for that we are building a FW team for developing and leading a change in our infrastructure tools.
The FW engineer targets will be around RISC-V infrastructure, developing FW and tool-chain, along with BSP/PSP development.
All work will be cooperated, and synchronized, with other team members along with other companies, outside of WD.
Infrastructure development, involves working in assembly environment and working closely with industrial tool-chains.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Working closely to the work-plan
• Deep research for existing tools
• Writing and modifying tool-chains (compiler/linker FE and BE)
• Integrate and bring-up RTOS’s to different platforms
• Debugging and writing in ASM language
• Bachelor’s degree in EE/Computer Science
• Minimum 8-10 years’ of recent experience in tool-chains/BSP/PSP and low level embedded FW.
• Experience in embedded RTOS
• Experience with tool chains and build system concepts
• Knows how to work with GCC/LLVM – develop and modify it, based on requirements.
• Familiar with developing in Linux and windows environment.
• Previous experience in working closely to HW-MCUs/CPUs
• Previous experience in development in LLVM and clang
• Linux Debian environment.
• Experience with GNU LD (linker scripts)
• Familiar with ELF spec
• Familiar with DWARF information and/or GDB specs (debugger)
• Experience in JAVA
• Working in a team
• Open minded to “brain storming”
• Share knowledge and willing to work together
• System view – ability to look forwarder in advance for issues that hard to see in the short term
• Strong active listening skills with the ability to ask thoughtful and probing questions to determine the best suite/robust solutions.
• High motivated with ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team environment