define what’s possible.
We are thousands of people working globally to help the world access, analyze and act on ever-increasing volumes of data, creating the foundation for new applications and industries. We see the potential for a world that’s more predictive, more productive, more personal. Our products and solutions marketed under the WD, HGST and SanDisk brands, are everywhere that digital information and content is found: in the cloud, supporting your mobile digital lifestyle; in business and personal computers; in external storage devices; in your digital video recorder and cameras. If you have a relentless drive to deliver, if you want to work in an environment where people and ideas thrive, come be part of the team that’s transforming the world’s connection to information.We’re seeking highly motivated students to be a part of our LAUNCH Sales program. This full-time, paid opportunity is designed to jump start your career, offering on-the-job and supplemental training and a robust mentorship program.
As a Launch Inside Sales team member, you will:
- Be responsible for maintaining Salesforce CRM by evaluating data inputs, helping with organization, cleansing and structuring data as it relates to contacts, meetings, opportunities, etc. Track and report weekly and monthly performance metrics: meetings, contacts, quotas/goals, etc
- Work with Technical and Marketing team to ensure synergy and alignment of customer sales goals, providing meeting notes and updating team on all changes/news
- Manage the customer supply chain including: allocation, inventory, forecast, logistics, RMA
- Submit and tracks all sample requests within Lotus Notes Database tool
- Create and track all qualified opportunities to Sales Managers, Leaders, and/or channel partners; assist in setting up meetings and coordinating all engagements Assist in tracking product flow through different purchasing models such as channel and ODM partners
- Ability to explain company products and services to customers as well as effectively communicate quote and lead-time information to the appropriate sales channel Assesses competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information, trends news and earnings results to provide competitive insights on all market trends
- Maintain professional relationships with customers and internal departments
- Assist and mentor new or less experienced team members, serve as backup out of office support Work directly with a variety of customers/Sales Leaders to address questions and concerns, provide timely response to requests, juggle shifting priorities and keep on top of deadlines Learn and update product life cycle: product list, roadmaps, product launch qualifications and end of life as it pertains to platforms and systems
- Take individual initiative to get things done by actively working to improve current processes Develop and execute with Legal Department all customer approvals, service contracts, service level and agreements Deliver responsible close of sale by obtaining signed proposals, terms and conditions, customer purchase orders, etc. Ensure obstacles and/or changes in scope are identified and resolved and that both the customer and business unit are satisfied throughout entire sale cycle Perform project management responsibilities as required on specific projects
- Assist the sales leader in driving the entire sales process from start to finish including opportunity identification, introductory meetings, customer Q&A, as well as negotiation and closing Engage with our channel partner network to ensure all opportunities and pricing is reflected correctly within each quarter Coordinate trade shows and events by working with Marketing department
- Current student, pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Supply Chain, Operations, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field and graduating between December 2016 and June 2017Minimum of 3.0 GPAUp to 20% travel required
- Persuasive and Negotiation Skills
- Communications Skills (Written and verbal)Self Starter + Analytical and Strategy Skills
- Work Ethic and Drive to learn
- Multi-TaskingProblem Solving Skills
- Well Organized and Detail Oriented
- PowerPoint Skills
- Excel Skills
- Very Personable
- High Ethics
- Professional Integrity
- Team Player
- Outside the Box Thinker
- Trustworthy and Honest
- Relationship Building Skills
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data
storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD
brands covering flash and disk-based solutions.
Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide,
Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great
value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are
committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and
Digital does not
unlawfully discriminate and complies
with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster:
Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in
the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.