Principal Engineer, Software Engineering
Location: Bangalore India
Req Id: JR-0000042293
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
• Establishing scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
• Discover, design, and develop analytical methods to support novel approaches of data and information processing
• Generate and test working hypotheses
• Prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns
• Provide technical support for program management and business development activities including proposal writing and customer development
• Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches in machine learning, Statistics and research
• Strong software engineering skills
• Familiar with at least one mathematical/statistical programming package (e.g., python numpy/scipy/pandas, R, MATLAB, etc.)
• Object oriented programming language knowledge/experience (C#/Python/JAVA)
• Ability to wripte complex SQL,PLSQL and ETL jobs.
• Perform explanatory data analyses with statistical tools for regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis.
• Hands on design/setup/development/deployment experience with big data and clustered data processing : processing, filtering, and presenting large data sets. (Spark, Hadoop, Map Reduce, NoSQL/Mongo, Hive)
• Experience in advanced machine-learning methodologies (e.g. supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning etc. TensorFlow, Keras)
• Complete programming, testing, debugging, documentation and/or deployment of the solution/products.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.