The Western Digital Customer Solutions team, located in Rochester, MN is seeking a Computer Technician and Software QA tester. The person will be responsible for server system maintenance, VM installs, software QA/validation testing and customer issue re-creates. The person will be responsible for loading drives in servers and subsystem enclosures, drive and hardware inventory and system OS updates. The person will be responsible for executing manual and automated QA software validation, documenting results and reporting issues to the development team. Finally, the person is expected to adhere to lab procedures, ESD safety and communicate written and verbal status. Qualified candidates will have a 2 year technical degree and/or technical work experience. The candidate must have a working knowledge of Windows and Linux system environments. This system knowledge must include the ability to setup complex computer systems, VMs and a basic understanding of system error logs. The candidate must also be familiar or willing to learn how to work with test equipment, such as oscilloscopes and bus analyzers. Finally, strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- PC and Server setup, configurations administration, and maintenance. Experience in computer repair, upgrading, and troubleshooting
- Windows Operation Systems expertise
- Proficient in various Linux distributions and Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of one or more drive communication interfaces, such as SATA, SAS and NVMe is a definite plus.
- Ability to analyze hardware and software system problems to root cause
- Good debug skills
- Python or Linux Shell scripting
- Documenting test results and attention to details is a must