Senior Engineer, Firmware Engineering
Location: Bangalore India
Req Id: JR-0000043025
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
• The engineer is responsible for integrating different IPs, testing and debugging the integrated code to deliver quality firmware for SSD products.
• Analysis of failure from unit test frameworks, development and debugging of integration tests.
• Integration of external tools, development and integration of internal tools used for IP development to maintain an efficient development environment.
• Responsible for making sure that all quality metrics are met for firmware release.
• Invent and integrate mature methods, processes, tools that will improve the failure analysis process and/or reduce failures.
• The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the SSD firmware and play a significant role in delivering next generation Client SSDs to market
• Requires BE/B.Tech degree or equivalent with 8 or more years of related experience.
• Excellent coding and debugging skill in embedded software using C is a must.
• Python knowledge is an advantage.
• Experience of working or understanding on some of the standard protocols – PCIe/NVMe or such storage protocols would be desirable
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems
• Creative thinking to find solutions to irregular challenges
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.