We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Global Mobility Specialist is responsible for the U.S. Non-immigrant visa program. Will work closely the Recruiters, Managers, Foreign Nationals, and the Company's Immigration Attorneys. This individual is also responsible for I-9 governance and compliance activities as well as maintenance of the I-9 files.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Complete I-9 re-verifications; maintain I-9 forms, files and supporting documents
Non-immigrant visa program: H1-B Cap, Change of Employer, Extensions, H1B1, L1A/B, O1, E3, TN, O1 working closely with the Company’s Immigration Attorneys.
Develops and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional environment within the department and across all functions within the organization
Provide case status updates and information on immigration requirements and related matters as necessary
Provide periodic WebEx presentations by Immigration Attorney to our NIV holders with Q&A sessions
Provide guidance to Recruiters when sponsorship is required for employment
Facilitates employee associated paperwork when a sponsored employee terminates
Performs other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years’ Human Resources experience with U.S. immigration practices and processes
- Exhibits independent decision-making, problem resolution, and creative thinking skills
- Organized self-starter who can work in fast-paced environment
- Is able to relate easily with all levels within the organization and external vendors
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
- Experience with Workday a plus
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law