We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Primary responsibilities will be to source talent and build candidate pipelines for external candidates. This position will be responsible for implementing research strategies to identify candidates for high level Technical Engineer roles.
- Develop and implement specific sourcing strategies and tactical plans in partnership with the team to obtain the best talent for Engineer positions.
- Attend strategy and planning meetings with the Hiring Manager and recommend strategies to find the appropriate talent for the searches.
- Cultivate appropriate strategy proactively to generate talent pipelines for open roles by contacting candidates to determining interest.
- Generate candidates for specific positions using every available channel of outreach, (ie. LinkedIn, and various social media channels)
- Develop an understanding of the hiring needs and assess talent.
- Conduct phone interviews and evaluate initial candidate fit.
- Coordinate the hire process for position to include reference checks, salary recommendation and approvals.
- Work with ATS to complete offers for candidates.
- Partner with internal business partners such as HR business Partners, Global Mobility, Compensation, and HR operations as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 6+ years technical recruiting experience, preferably within engineering functions
- Proven track record for sourcing and qualifying engineering PhD level candidates
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, & Excel)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and exercise independent judgment
- Ability to work in a fast paced office atmosphere
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in a fast paced office atmosphere
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law