We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The EPM is in CSS engineering organization (DV&V) to manage infrastructure, framework and tools development for next-generation SSD storage products. The EPM is expected to drive the cross-functional team to deliver the infrastructure and tools for firmware and validation development and deployment. This includes firmware/validation framework, debug/FA tool, automation and other validation tools. The candidate will work closely with validation architecture team, validation execution team, firmware team and software team to drive requirements, prioritize feature sets and ensure timely release. The candidate is expected to work with the development team using Agile software development processes, and facilitate communication among team members across multiple locations, track schedules and report progress.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive infrastructure/framework/tool projects for new SSD products, helping teams deliver innovative solution on time and with high quality
- Drive project roadmap, cross functional project meetings, status review and release schedule in support of test development, validation, and product launch milestones
- Lead team to prioritize feature requests to deliver high quality test framework and tools
- Drive infrastructure/tools deployment in engineering labs.
- Bachelor’s degree in CE, CS, EE, or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience in engineering program/project management or related experience
- Good project management skills. Demonstrated working knowledge on software/validation development
- Ability to manage in an iterative, fast paced development environment
- Ability to facilitate technical discussions, planning sessions, requirements gathering, and bug scrubs
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed. Ability to multi task and meet deadline.
- Ability to work as a team member both within the team and across teams
- Working experience in the Agile methods of software project management
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.