We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Primary responsibility will be to manage the Quality and Reliability for the Flash Components team.
- Ensure Flash component product quality
- Define and employ appropriate level of quality assurance tools and methods from design phase through manufacturing
- Work with STM to deploy quality control measurements, controls and reaction plans
- Participate in development process to assess criteria through development phases and product lifecycle management
- Interface with customers as required, communicate company’s quality systems and structures
- Create and communicate an overall vision for quality within the company, setting goals and recommending changes to achieve these goals.
- Determine organizational structure and roles and responsibilities for Quality and Reliability organization and support from STM networked organization
- Work with broader Quality and Reliability organization on goals, processes and metrics
- Provide strategic insight for organizational structure and initiatives
- Provide tactical guidance on problems solving and improvements
- Create an environment conducive to continuous quality improvement and implements systems to nurture quality excellence.
- Promote consensus and quality throughout the company.
- Focus quality initiatives on a pro-active rather a reactive structure
- Drive quality mindset and processes into the STM organization
- Audit existing processes, identify deficiencies, develop and execute on improvement plans; ensure consistency with Corporate-wide Q&R efforts
- Define and execute STM-specific quality work processes, coupled to corporate efforts, to support component-level customers (e.g. Apple); audit STM RMA processes, drive efficiency and response enhancements to improve the customer experience
- Develop and execute a root cause analysis system to drive customer learning back into all facets of the STM development methodologies
- Work with STM Product Engg, Test Engg, and Assembly Engg to understand factory quality initiatives and metrics, drive changes and improvements where needed
- Work with STM leadership to define an explicit STM quality organizational structure to best ensure all of the above items are cemented into the daily working routine and development mindset of the team
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years experience in semiconductor design or manufacturing
- At least 5 years experience leading an organization
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and provide strategic insight and analysis to solve problems and make improvements
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law