We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Demand Planning team at Western Digital Corporation is a team of Supply Chain professionals supporting both internal business teams as well as Strategic and Channel customers. VMI team supports more than 12 customers in 25 customer inventory hub locations worldwide today. VMI Demand Planning resides as part of Demand Planning within the Supply Chain Planning organization.
Objectives of the VMI position are to ensure customer demand requirements are achieved by positioning optimal levels of supply in VMI hubs worldwide through analysis and key inputs via close collaboration with Sales Operations, Sales, Product Planning, Manufacturing, and others. Ensuring optimal levels of supply positioned in the VMI hubs worldwide. Meeting weekly VMI operational metrics. Continuous improvement of VMI related processes. Improving Customer Forecast accuracy through collaborative efforts.
The VMI Demand Planning position will have oversight for all VMI accounts, and mentor, train, and develop Operations Rotation Engineers (ORE’s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
VMI related demand planning activities for a select number of VMI Customer
Accounts as well as Oversight for the Americas VMI team.
the VMI demand plan used to supply VMI hub inventory.
VMI hub inventory levels for VMI Customer Accounts.
and/or contribute in internal/external Customer Collaboration meetings.
weekly VMI operational metrics.
quarterly VMI goals and objectives.
and execute quickly to changing customer requirements, customer forecast
changes, supply changes, and escalations.
- Ad hoc assignments or projects as needed or required.
- First level university degree or equivalent experience. Advanced degree a plus.
- Typically, 5-7 years of experience in a supply chain function.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong systems skills; desktop applications, Tier 1 ERP (Oracle, SAP), and Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Semiconductor experience preferred.
- Supervisory and or managerial experience preferred but not necessary.
- Ability to work as team lead or team member, and collaborate across business teams
Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading
portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and
disk-based solutions. Deployed by the
largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions
are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they
Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal
employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western
Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with
the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information
click here. Este empleador
participa in E-Verify.